FIRST!!!!1

Yes, that's right, I get the first post. Throughout the entire history of this blog, it will always be true that I got here before you did. Even if you're Jesus, or you drive a modified DeLorean and tried posting seconds before I did. But what's the obsession with getting the first post? Why do some people act so pleased that they just so happened to click Comment before someone else? Perhaps these are the people that used to shout "Race you to the swings!!" and then go charging off without even looking to see if you're chasing them? The sort of people that race you at the lights in their Vauxhall Corsas when you're just trying to get home? The sort of-- oh, you get the idea...

I must admit that when I first started commenting, I did get excited at getting there first, especially when it was something I really wanted to say, rather than just typing "FIRST!!!!1" and clicking send in hope, only to come second. At 19, however, I like to think I've outgrown it.

But whatever, this blog isn't going to just be light internet satire, because if it was, it would suck. This blog will be mostly about cars, hence the car-based pun in the name and the disassembled engine in the background (which, if you were wondering, is the 550bhp 6.2 litre "LSA" supercharged small-block V8 - get it now? - from the 2011 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, which, at the time of writing, was unveiled mere days ago). There'll be a mix of news, spy shots of exciting new cars and personal opinions and rants. And, just possibly, some sprinklings of light internet satire.

I hope you enjoy the articles that follow. The site will be updated at precisely... every now and then. I'll aim for 3 times a week.

Comments